Carols in Cars: A Drive-In “Lessons and Carols” Service
Wednesday, December 23, 2020 • 7:00 p.m.
MVLC Parking Lot
CAROLS in CARS, a “Park and Praise”-style/drive-in “lessons and carols” worship service. In the MVLC parking lot. Bring your favorite non-alcoholic beverage in your Thermos and be ready to sing some Christmas carols, while hearing readings from the story of Christ’s birth and Incarnation. Decorate your car in its finest holiday trimmings!
Come and hear the angel Gabriel announce to Mary that she will give birth to Jesus. Come and hear the story of Joseph and Mary trying to find a place to stay, the birth of Jesus, and the visits of shepherds and angels and magi to the manger.
Come and sing “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel,” “Away in a Manger,” “Angels We Have Heard on High,” “Joy to the World,” and more!
Things you need to know:
· You arrive in your vehicle. You stay in your vehicle for the duration of the service.
· When you arrive, you will check-in and be given a worship folder.
· The service will be broadcast live via an FM transmitter, so you will listen to the service on your car radio. The frequency will be printed in your worship folder.
· There is no sermon. The service is centered Bible passages of the Christmas story and Christmas hymns/carols.
· Please bring a mask and be prepared to wear it.
· If you roll your car windows down and sing, then you will be required to wear a mask while singing. If you sing with your windows up, then you don’t need to wear a mask.
· The buildings will be locked, so plan ahead. Use the restroom at home! (Restrooms are only available in an emergency.)
· In addition to the “Carols in Cars” worship service, there will still be a video worship service on Christmas Eve and on Sunday mornings.