I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all. But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knitted together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love. —EPHESIANS 4:1-6, 15-16
As leadership seeks to navigate this unprecedented time of uncertainty, I want to share great appreciation and thanks for our pastors and church staff who have been diligently following the health advisories and listening to many of our concerns. They are working hard to adapt and provide a safe and reasonable plan to sustain the mission we share at Mountain View Lutheran.
As we are unsure how long these alternative measures will be in place, I want to be proactive in getting this message to you. Thanks to your faithfulness, monetary giving to the church and its mission has been solid in 2020, but the church council is concerned we will quickly find ourselves with a sizeable financial gap. About 62% of giving to the church is done electronically, which means 38% is done in person. As is typical with most churches, we distribute funds out as they are received and hold a minimal reserve (savings account). So in these strange times, I’m asking you to consider other ways you can give your offering when not present at the church so the faithful work of His disciples can continue via our benevolences, staff, and church operations.
- Via the MVLC Church website.
- Hover over the “GIVE” dropbox.
- Choose “Make a Donation via Bank Account” or “Make a Donation via Credit/Debit Card.”
- Fill out all information on the page and then click the blue “GIVE” button.
- If you want it to remember your information, visit “SIGN IN” and create an account.
- NOTE: Online giving is a one-time gift unless you check “Make this Gift Recurring.”
- Mail checks to the MVLC Church Office at 3505 – 122nd Ave E, Edgewood WA 98372. (If you receive mailed offering envelopes, 3 mail-back envelopes are included in the packet each quarter.)
- Drop your gift off at the MVLC Church Office during the week (please call 253-863-5171 first to confirm staff is onsite).
We also know that some may experience furloughs or layoffs during this uncertain time. We hope that you will contact the office, that we may walk alongside and be with you during this challenging time. We will continue to work with each other as the Body of Christ in different ways during this interim period. If you have any difficulty setting up an online gift, please call the church office for assistance.
What is most important is for you and your family to stay safe and healthy. We will continue to communicate with you about all aspects of church life as information becomes available.
Blessings and health for your family,