The Mountain View Lutheran Church Mission Endowment Fund (MEF) was established to provide permanent financial support of the mission and ministry of Mountain View Lutheran Church. The Fund’s purpose, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to assist this community of Christ as it seeks to live out the love of God in Jesus Christ.
Each year, the MEF Committee may distribute up to 10% of the June 30 balance of the previous year. Based on the June 30, 2016 balance, $20,649 may be distributed this year. General fund distributions are as follows:
- Missions. Local, regional, and global projects.
- Education. College and seminary scholarships, as well as special programs within Mountain View Lutheran Church.
- Youth. Support for ministry and programs for youth of all ages.
- Worship and music. Support for the worship and music life of the church.
- Capital projects. Major renovations and building of new facilities.
Fund grant applications for 2017 are available online HERE. Please complete the electronic form and then click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form/page. Applicants may be asked to present their requests before the MEF Committee. Applications must be submitted no later than Sunday 22 October 2017.