In Ecclesiastes we are told, “in everything there is a season…” At Mountain View the Fall is the annual time of the stewardship campaign, but so much has changed. We’ve changed, our church has changed, our world has changed. But what has not changed is God’s answer to our prayer, “give us today our daily bread.” In gratitude and joy for all that God has done, is doing, and will continue to do in and through us, we are entering a Season of Generosity. For three Sundays—October 30, November 6, and November 13—we will gather around the theme from Jeremiah 29:11, “For surely I know the plans I have for you…plans for your welfare…to give you a future with hope.” The end goal of the Season of Generosity is to invite everyone to fill out and submit a pledge of giving for 2023. Here’s what you can expect:
- Three letters will be mailed to your house.
- Members will share personal stories of generosity from God and to God in worship.
- Generosity quotes and images to share on your social media.
- A Giving Tree in the main hallway where we will place leaves with the names of folks who have pledged.
- A Consecration Sunday Brunch on Nov 13 when we bring our pledge cards to worship and celebrate the joy of giving.
- A positive message and empowering teaching on why giving is an organic expression of our faith in action.
We are looking to the future with hope and we feel a new chapter of mission and ministry together. We are in this together and we all have an offering of value to contribute. Prayerfully discerning our financial gifts to God is a sacred, holy, and spiritual experience.